A lot more goes into building a sandcastle than you might think. If you are looking to learn all the tricks of the trade, all it takes is a lesson from the experts at Beach Sand Sculptures. You can book your two-hour lesson at any of your favorite beaches in and around Destin, Florida, including:
- Inlet Beach
- Santa Rosa Beach
- Grayton Beach
- Dune Allen
- Blue Mountain Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Alys Beach
No matter where you schedule your lessons, they can accommodate groups of any size. Whether you want to learn alongside a couple of your friends or all your coworkers, they can make that happen. These lessons are also great for kids and adults alike, bringing everyone together to have a great time.
During your lesson, you all will learn how to use professional sand sculpting techniques to create a 3 ½ foot sandcastle. Your instructors will provide the tools and show you excellent construction techniques, including how much water to mix with the sand for building perfection. Once they’ve given everyone the tools and know-how, they will dole out the tasks to get your castle built in style.
Although the lessons last two hours, the experience will go by in a flash. Through each step of the building process, the air will fill with peals of laughter and words of encouragement as everyone attempts to master the techniques. And by the end of your lesson, you can expect your impressive sandcastle to draw lots of attention, including plenty of passersby snapping pictures with your creation. Don’t forget to take a few pictures of your own, as everyone in your group will want to remember this experience for life.
If you are scheduling your lesson for a group of fewer than 20 people, you can likely book your spot online. Otherwise, you will need to call and find out when they have space available. Either way, you get to pick your beach plus the lesson time and date to customize the experience from beginning to end. You also have a chance to add optional toolkits that you can keep and use to practice your skills.
After scheduling your lesson, you will receive a confirmation at the provided email. When you book lessons for a small group, you can choose to add a custom gratuity charge to the total, though cash is a much better option. The price you pay for large group lessons already includes a generous tip for your instructors.
After heading home, there’s no doubt you’ll want to schedule another lesson. You can head to a new beach, add different sandcastle shaping tools, or bring a different group of friends to try it out. The sky is the limit in customizing your sand sculpture lessons to your liking.
– For every five children in the group, there needs to be at least one paying adult participating as well.
– Kids four years and younger can participate for free as long as there’s an adult to help.
– Lessons scheduled on days with bad weather conditions will get rescheduled at the soonest date and time available. If you want to pick the time and date, it will cost an additional $100.
– Expect to receive a reminder email on the day before your lesson with info on where to go and at what time. The reminder will also let you know to expect a call or text from your instructor prior to your appointment.
– If you need to cancel, call at least 48 hours in advance or they will not issue a refund. In addition, arriving more than 30 minutes late to your lesson will result in them canceling without providing a refund.