Making plans to visit Florida’s Panhandle? Enjoy a true local shopping experience at Downtown Pensacola’s Palafox Market featuring fresh baked goods, produce, plants, herbs and fine arts and crafts, the market operates every Saturday from 9 am until 2 pm in Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza on North Palafox Street in Pensacola. Whether you are a browser or a buyer, a visit to Palafox Market is a fun and interesting way to enjoy some of your vacation time, rain or shine.
Part farmer’s market, flea market, craft show, art festival and community activity, Palafox market has something for everyone. What helps make the Palafox Market so great is its longevity. Vendors have been gathering and selling their goods for over 12 years. This ensures every week of every season will have an interesting array of seasonal crafts and fruits and vegetables. Some vendors have become a permanent fixture at the market while others come and go from Saturday to Saturday. The experience is never exactly the same from week to week. Vendors are friendly, the goods are locally sourced and the tree-lined plaza provides a pleasant environment.
While there certainly is a large selection of fruits and vegetables, you may be surprised at the diversity of other items for sale. A visit to Palafox Market may yield some hand-crafted candles and soaps, art and photography, jewelry, antiques and collectibles. It is a terrific way to get the perfect gift for yourself or a souvenir for someone at home.
Palafox Market also features a variety of foods and beverages to take with you or to enjoy on-site. You’ll find pies, cookies, breads and baked goods. Enjoy smoothies, fresh-made lemonade, iced coffees and other beverages. There are meats and cheeses, tamales, pecans and sweet treats and candies. If you come hungry, odds are you won’t leave that way! You can also frequently find a variety of fresh flowers for sale at the market to brighten someone’s day.
Those looking for unique pieces of art and hand-crafted items have an abundance of choice at Palafox Market. Vendors display and sell paintings, drawings and photography. Discover woodcrafts, metal working, glassworks and jewelry. Many of these are produced by local artisans who enjoy discussing and sharing their talents. Visitors often comment about the friendly atmosphere provided at Palafox Market.
– Palafox Market spans over three large city blocks. Be sure to wear clothing appropriate for the season and comfortable shoes for walking.
– Don’t be discouraged by the threat of rain. Palafox Market operates each Saturday rain or shine.
– Free parking is available along the streets near the market near Martin Luther King Jr. Square. There is also metered, 2-hour parking in the North Palafox Parking Lot.
– If you have a foldable, portable shopping cart, bring it along to take full advantage of your shopping experience. Larger, reusable market bags can also be a plus to bring.
– This is not a pet-friendly event.